WELCOME TO MY NEW BLOG

Hi this is my second blog, for my Occupational Therapy studies. This blog is for Participation in Occupation 2 it is a bit different to the last as I will be talking with you about Scrapbooking which is an Occupation that I love participating in when I get a chance. For this blog we were told to think of something we could spend 2 hours a week doing, and then journal our experiences of it. Consequently I thought of scrapbooking as it is something I love participating in, and would do anything to have some time for it, during my busy life. In this first week I will also go into a little more depth and talk about what it means to me, as an occupation and how I might be able to use it in the future with my Occupational Therapy work. As part of these blogs I will also talk about ambience, affordance, ergonomics and practical uses in Occupational Therapy.

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Reference and comment page:


Caulton, R. (1994). Occupation and healing: at home, at work, at play. Occupation, 2(1), 8-20.

Caulton, R. & Dickson, R.  (2007). What’s going on? Finding an explanation for what we do. In J. Creek & A. Lawson-Porter (Eds.), Contemporary issues in occupational therapy  (p. 87-114).  Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Christiansen, C.H., & Baum, C.M. (2005). Glossary. In Christiansen, C.H., & Baum, C.M. Occupational Therapy: Performance, participation, and well-being (p. 545). USA: SLACK Incorporated

Crepeau, E. (2003). Analysing occupation and activity: A way of thinking about occupational performance. In E.B. Crepeau, S.E. Cohn & B.A.B. Schell (Eds.), Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy (10th ed., p.189-198), & (p.436). Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.


Duncan, E. (2009). Skills for practise in Occupational therapy. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone: Elsevier.

Foundations for a better life. (2006). Retrieved from http://www.scrapbooking.com/quotes/doc/34233/

Hagedorn, R. (2000). Chapter 13 – Dyadic interaction: style and skills. In Tools for practice in occupational practice. a structured approach to core and processes. (p. 21). USA: Churchill Livingstone.

Hagedorn, R. (2000). Chapter 3 – understanding occupation. In Tools for practise in occupational practise. A structured approach to core and processes. (p. 98-99). USA: Churchill Livingstone.

Hamilton,T.B. (2010).Chapter 10 – Occupations and Places. In C.H. Christiansen & E.A.Townsend (Eds.) Introduction to occupation: The art and science of living (2nd ed). (p.255). New Jersey USA: Pearson Education Inc.

Hopkins, H.L., & Smith, H.D. (1988). Willard and Spackmans occupational therapy. Philadelphia: Lippincott.

Kimberly, A. B. (2008). Retrieved from http://www.scrapbooking.com/quotes/doc

Nisbet, J. (2009). Social and Health Polices in the United States. In E.B. Crepeau.,E.S.Cohn., & B.A.B. Schell (Eds.). Willard & Spackman’s  Occupational Therapy  (11th Ed), (p.155). Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 

Reed, K.L., & Sanderson, S.N. (1999). Concepts on occupational therapy. USA: Lippincott & Wilkins

Toomey, M. (2003). Chapter 13 – creativity: access to the spirit through occupation. In M.A.McColl (Eds.). Spirituality and Occupational Therapy (p. 181 – 192). Ottawa, Ontario: CAOT Publications ACE

Comments:

Nicole's Identifying my need for Cross-stitching blog
Keryn said....
Hi Nicole, this sounds great and is easy to see cross-stitching is a big part of your life. It made me want to pick mine up again, and get it finished. :-)
Your quote from Tessa Bowden(2003) reminded me what it's like for me finishing a scrapbooking page. It's great being able to imagine the finished product before you even complete it, and really enthused me to keep going, so I can start my next page.
I love the pictures of your cross-stitches down the side of the blog. I thought maybe you could put captions with them of when you did them, and why those particular patterns where used.
26 October 2011 09:10am

Shilmoni's Cooking is inspirational blog
Keryn said....
Hi Shilmoni, the way you have reflected, and described the story of Julie, and her enjoyment of cooking with her pots and pans all around her reminded me of times when I have all my scrapbooking equipment and pages I am working on in front of me.  Ah, it is SO GOOD to be able to stop all the hectic, not so enjoyable parts of life, and just surround yourself with things you love and enjoy. It also made me very hungry, I love chocolate sauce, and the quotes at the bottom of the page, and they made me laugh. :-)
It made me wonder if maybe you could put some photos of food you have prepared down the side of the page, to illustrate it, and show us what you like to cook.
26October 2011 10:15am

Rachel's Botanical Gardens blog
Keryn said....
Hi Rachel, I love your photo's they are all really beautiful, and it is easy to see that you love taking pictures, and playing around with the different settings and apertures of your camera.
26 October 2011 10:29am


Judith's my needs blog
Keryn said....
Hi Judith, It is easy to see you get a lot of pleasure from knitting, and its so cool that you have knitting to keep your hands busy. I am the same and don't like just sitting in front of the tv, or anywhere with nothing to do, so I like to get my scrapbooking out if It's not going to disturb my flatmates, but if it will then i like to pick up my cross-stitch which is another good way of keeping my hands, busy while doing other things.
26 October 2011 11:51am

No comments:

Post a Comment